The SAL membership is now at 99% (798) and we expect to hit 100% this month.
The kitchen is doing well as the Post ramps up activities, but Thursday Pizza Night needs more volunteers (contact Bud Bowyer at firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help.
Golfers attention: April 24th is the Florida Department Golf Tournament. To sign up for this event which supports Children & Youth activities, go to the website florida-legion.org and follow the instructions.
The nomination period for next year’s Squadron Officers continues through the SAL General Meeting Wednesday April 21st. Contact nomination committee chair George Worton (email@example.com) for more information.
Yours in God and Country,
The Sons membership, with renewals, new members and transfers, is at 770 (95.5% of baseline target.
The nomination period for 2021-2022 officers is open and ends at the April 21st general meeting. At that meeting the slate of nominees will be announced and nominations from the floor will be accepted.
The election officers will be held at the May 19th General meeting. Early voting will be allowed that day 12-4PM in the lobby. The elected officers will assume the new term on 7/1/2021.
The Sons' kitchen sales are gradually increasing as the Post ramps up activities, and we want to express our gratitude to all the members who support our kitchen-all proceeds go to support our charities.
2021 membership renewals are at 654 (81.4% of the target), which is good considering the pandemic, but we are encouraging members to recruit friends, neighbors and any one who is a potential member.
The Wreaths Across America Ceremony will be held at the Lady Lake Cemetery at 400 W. McLendon Street Saturday December 19th at 11:30AM. For more information about the organization and the annual ceremony go to the website https://www.wreathsacrossamerica.org/. Post members from the Honor Guard, Auxiliary, Riders and SAL will take part in the ceremony. Post members are invited to attend.
We will be holding a memorial tribute to the late Richard Duncan, past Squadron Commander, Saturday January 23, 2021 from 12-2PM in the Post Hall. All interested parties should mark their calendars and plan to attend.
The SAL Valentines Dance will be held Saturday February 13, 2021. Tickets (limited to 120 per CDC guidelines) will be on sale in January.
Sons of the American Legion: Bob O’Neal-Adjutant
· The SAL 2021 membership renewal drive has now reached 557 (59% of the target) per 1st Vice Commander Danny Roe. The recent mailing to members who have not renewed was very successful. Renewing members have also answered the call for donations during this pandemic to the tune of almost $5,000.
· The SAL kitchen crews (Monday Burger, Thursday Pizza and Sunday Burger and Hot Dog) are working through the growing pains of restarting with CDC guidelines and reduced member attendance at the Post.
· Susan Duncan, at our October 21st membership meeting, accepted the National Award for the Squadron’s 2019 Children and Youth program, earned through the efforts of her deceased husband Richard (past Commander and last served as Eastern Area Commander).
· The Wreaths Across America annual ceremony will be held at the Lady Lake Cemetery Saturday December 19th @11:30AM. The various units of the Post will be meeting November 4th to work out the details. Members are encouraged to attend the ceremony to take part in the placement of the wreaths on the graves of veterans in the cemetery.
· We are planning to hold a Valentine’s Day Dance in the Hall Saturday, February 13, 2021. Updates will be announced next month as details are worked out.